Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]CSH and Wantagh beat their opponents by a combined 25 goals and it could have been more. Why are games so lopsided? Are those two teams that good or is everyone else that bad?

That is why they have a single power conference. They take the best 10 teams based upon past performance and expectations regardless of class and they play against each other during the year. Once the playoffs come they go back to their respective class (A, B, C or D) no matter what their record. They are guaranteed the playoffs. CSH had a losing record going into the playoffs but they easily beat Seaford who has a winning record. Out of the (4) C teams left in the playoffs all (3) power conference teams are still alive. Lynbrook is 14-2 on the year and will potentially move into the power conference next year because usually one or two drop out. I would expect Farmingdale to drop, they had a difficult year and they are actually the only power conference team not left in the playoff semi-finals (A conference)

I wish Suffolk would have a power conference but I'm sure it's easier said than done and it would help both the good teams as well as the new or historically weaker programs. How does Nassau put teams in and out of the power conference...I imagine it must be like soccer but there need to be some rules?