Originally Posted by Anonymous

Florida Shoplifting Criminal Penalties
Shoplifting property with a total combined value of more than $300 and less than $20,000; or if the item taken is a firearm or certain other items. Third degree grand theft (third degree felony).

So if what the girls stole was > $300, and I believe I read above it was valued at $600, then yes, it was a felony.

They are juveniles, get over it middle aged men! Juveniles are treated differently in the CRJ system, for a reason, so bad choices don't chase them for life. Let's be real here okay hypocrites, if these girls were on a LOSING lacrosse team, that was not beating your daughter's team, none of you would care. Now, if these girls are suspended or better yet kicked off the team, your little princess may have a chance to win something. That is the TRUTH, again, you hold children to a higher standard than yourself, you pathetic losers.

1. I'm not a man.
2. I don't drink and drive.
3. I do hold my children to a high standard, as I believe we all should.
4. My kids are not in the same division as Northport so that argument is irrelevant.
5. You look like the biggest loser for trying to justify what they did.

What do you think the consequences should be?

Okay, then I suppose you are an exception, but most of the posters on here are middle aged men. Most adults drink and drive, but think it is okay, because well they think they are fine. I also hold my daughter to high standards, BUT I will not impact a young woman's life by kicking her off the team. I have said earlier, community service or suspension, but in an age when teen suicide and drug use (heroin) is on the rise, I will not take something away from her that she loves. I will not subject her to that kind of embarrassment among her peers. Do any of you monitor your child's social media? Do you see how mean and cruel these girls can get? You of all posters should understand the complexities and difficulties of being a teen girl. I am really surprised a mother would advocate for her daughter to be kicked off the team for this. Again, most of the posters have daughter's on teams that play against NP, that is the ONLY reason for the moral outrage, it has nothing to do with the well being of the girls.