Originally Posted by Anonymous
Northport has a big game coming up vs Ward Melville, no way those girls are being suspended for that game.

We will be fine without them.

So these kids get caught stealing, It is either a misdemeanor or felony but yet they are going to still be on the team? Yes then i do blame Carol Rose if she allows this type of behavior. She is the coach and ultimately those are her players representing her and the school. All involved should be kicked off the team. I mean really just a suspension?

Northport has a big game coming up vs Ward Melville, no way those girls are being suspended for that game.

We will be fine without them.

So these kids get caught stealing, It is either a misdemeanor or felony but yet they are going to still be on the team? Yes then i do blame Carol Rose if she allows this type of behavior. She is the coach and ultimately those are her players representing her and the school. All involved should be kicked off the team. I mean really just a suspension?

WOW. This stuff comes full circle. 6-7 years ago BOTC was lit up about the Top Gun girls caught shop lifting at National Draw ( before that tournament hit the skids). Back then many piled on about other shoplifting incidents inluding YJ and almost all the other clubs from many states through the years. My ears are ringing as it all sounds so familiar. Now it is school based, but obviously this stuff happens unfortunately across a broad spectrum. I said this many years ago, being involved in the vendor city aspect of lacrosse, shoplifting is an extreme problem at many of these lacrosse tournaments and other sport venues. But this was not at a tournament. Here is some advice to any would be shoplifters....Universal studios deals with shoplifters every second of every day, they have a staff looking and waiting for you, watching and videotaping your every move. Is it really a wise target? Getting caught should not be the deciding factor of doing something stupid, kids today have to learn to do the right thing!

One's character is defined by what one does when they think no one is watching....