Congrats to all the LI Champs from yesterday as well as to the runner ups for winning their respective county championships. I watched all four games and the rain basically held off. GC and Mount Sinai are the two best teams by far and should be favorites to win the states.

GC was down 5-2 at one point and and outscored ESM 10 to 1 from that point. A well coached team and held ESM scoreless in the second half. They really do not have a super star like years past but they have tremendous depth and most if not all girls on the team have skill

Mount Sinai is strong and very well coached. It was close for the first 20 minutes but Mount Sinai took advantage of every mistake Wantagh made. Wantagh had no answer for the backer D and made no adjustments. I do not know how good Vestal from section 4 is but yesterdays LI game may have been the real state championship.

MC hung on to beat Massapequa in an entertaining game. Massapequa never gave up but Ortega was involved in 7 out of 10 goals. I can see them getting by North Rockland but if they make it to the final it could be Pittsford or last years champs CBA. I actually think the A's are weaker than the B's & C's on LI. MC could be in trouble next year with Ortega moving on after a tremendous career

Mattituck beating Carle Place was not a revelation. CP had a losing record and was very weak. Unfortunately for Mattituck they face a strong Bronxville team and if they win may get another strong team in Skaneateles.

I can see two state titles for LI girls this year. This is just my opinion and not looking for any arguments just thought I would share my thoughts on yesterday