Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just saw some team, and I'm blanking but I think it was SWR, who won a game something like 17-0. Only one girl scored 2 goals, the rest were divvied up. That's the way to do it.

Oh ok. Give me a break. Doesnt work like that moron and in your world its all butterflies and rainbows and the cop should have shot him in the hand!

You my friend are the moron and what is wrong with this ME FIRST sport. Pass the freakin ball, spread the wealth and play as a team and if there are lopsided games at least you can say we had 10,11,12 DIFFERENT goal scorers. That's what winning teams do.

Yes!

I would like to clear something up, it is okay to have a "me first" mentality, you want that, you definitely want that in competitive sports. It is when it is the "me only" mentality that it is no good. A player that can distinguish that really isnt a "Me first" player either. They know they will get theirs, whether in points as an assist or goal.

Conversely i have a player who would like no better than to hear the crowd roar after that "one more" pass for a goal when (me and a few other parents ask why did they shoot themselves) and should have taken the shot. I have to stress, A flashy "one more" is not as important than a good goal. Go figure.

That said, there is nothing wrong with the ME ONLY, wish my kid had that but when the team is out matched there is no reason to get yours. you look foolish but they dont see that. Kids know and actually make fun of each other for that. Sure ownness has got to be on coach, you want to keep the kid in - okay, MAKE THEM GET ASSISTS AND BE THE CATALYST !!!

Thanks for klearing it up for us. By the way...I have NO IDEA what you're trying to say in your statement. It's gibberish.