Originally Posted by Anonymous
When you have 15 girls committed to D1 schools and they don't play because the coach likes to play the seniors than yeah I'm blaming the coach. I'm not from that town and I have watched them get eliminated in the playoffs in previous years by lesser teams.

No affiliation to WC - if this is true, does anyone else find it refreshing that the coach is playing the Seniors vs the younger players? I just don't understand the mentality of bringing 7th and 8th grade players up to your varisity team and having half the roster filled with 7th-10h graders.

It's hs, best kids should play no matter grade...with that said, bringing up 7th/8th graders with no business being on the team is dopey.

My town is known for having a very strong youth program (until recently) and pulling MS girls up to varsity. Also known for failure to advance in the playoffs and very few graduating seniors. Coaching is part of it, but there's also something to be said for teamwork, camaraderie, etc over throwing together individuals with the best stick skills.