Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Their are multiple problems with this situation. The first is that is that it was a group of kids stealing. It was not a small amount -it wasn't a candy bar. It was a lot! The second big issue is that this was attempted to be covered up by CR. She did not notify the parents and she did not notify the school. She "attempted" to deal with this internally. This to me is the bigger issue at hand - kids will make stupid decisions. However, adults - especially a teacher and a coach are expected to make smarter decisions. To try and cover this up is just unconscionable.

Well, wow. I didn't realize CR acted to cover this up. That takes it to a whole different level and I retract my earlier statement about not blaming CR.

And to the poster who thinks that just because we adults may have done stupid things as kids it's okay for our kids to do stupid things, WHAT??? Is that the moral code you are imparting to your kids? I did stupid stuff and I for sure am trying to make sure my kids don't repeat my mistakes. Don't lower the bar, raise it!

Not sure you get what I'm saying, kicking these girls off the team is a huge hit. I said I don't agree with that. Never said no punishment, community service, or something. But keep YOUNG GIRLS involved in sports. I did stupid stuff as well as a kid. Also as an adult, thankfully I didn't get caught. Again, no one will comment as to drinking and driving. I say again, you are hypocrites.