Originally Posted by Anonymous
BC and Navy both showed that coaching plays a major role in the success of these teams. We all know the teams that are packed with top talent each year yet always underachieve.

BC couldn't beat anybody for the first half of the season, did Walker suddenly learn how to coach midway through the season or did the lefty hockey player come and change the dynamic of the team? I'm betting it was the latter. Walker is a half step ahead of Halfpenny and O'Leary when it comes to managing a game, which means she would be more prone to figure out how to lose a big game than how to win a big game and I will stand by that until one of them proves me wrong

BC had a winning record before Kent joined the team. Walker is a great coach and recruiter, she took that program over in 2013 and every year has gotten better. She finally has her full recruiting classes and the teams are starting to perform, the 2018 class for next year is stacked. BC is a team that is stealing recruits from UNC,Maryland, Duke etc. I cant wait to see them play Stony Brook this fall. Talking about the lake placid tourney BC went 4-1, with the one loss coming to UNC by 1, WITHOUT ANY PLAYER FROM THE 2017 CLASS. This team has a bright future and It annoys me that there are still people saying otherwise.

Thank you Mr. Walker, but I'm pretty sure that at one time BC had dropped out of the top 20 and didn't have a win against a ranked team. Original poster said BC and Navy had great coaching and I was wondering at what point in the season did BC coach become great? oh after Kent got their...

No ranked wins? Your not paying attention. I do not have a kid who goes there, or who is committed there. I am a fan of TGs best player ever that goes there and I am very impressed with Kent and the coach. But here are the facts. BC won every single game last year, including beating all ranked top 20 teams, except for #1 Maryland and #2 NC. This includes wins against ranked opponents Navy (x2), Louisville, Virginia, Norte Dame, Syracuse, and USC. And many of those wins prior to Kent. But they are obviously better with her, but they still lost to Maryland with Kent, just as they did without her. But this can be said about any and all teams that lost to Maryland. Where exactly do you see any coaching mis-steps that has you arguing against the BC coach?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their, probably have never seen there team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're coach?

Grammar?
My guess is you did not go to BC, probably never been their(there), probably have never seen there(their) team play. But you must have some odd beef with the place because what else would make you poo-poo they're(the not they are) coach?

I guess you didn't have any real rebuttal to the post so attack the grammar. You sound rather petty