Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does Il come up with these watch lists. Some are ridiculous choices Barely play on a clubs b team

I just checked the Top 40 list and the majority of the girls are committed to the top programs in the country. Most of those girls all had offers from several of those schools.

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

Here is a news flash... if your kid did not have offers from at least a few of the perennial Top 10 Programs she is most likely not a top tier player.

It doesn't sound as if your daughter made the list therefore I will guess that Maryland , UNC and Northwestern were not fighting over her.

To the girls who were recognized and to their parents I say congratulations and best of luck in the future.

Now slither back under your rock and keep your bitterness to yourself.

You sound like an a-hole. My kid did make the list but she understands and so do I that these lists are political at best and a joke at worst . There are many kids who easily could make the list that did not and many that did who probably don't belong.

I would say the A- Hole is the one belittling the list. I will agree with the top college coaches in the country, their top recruits are most certainly the top players in the country that is why they are the top teams... It is pretty simple, they get the best players.

Again you are just off base. No one should belittle the kids on the list but to say their top recruits are most certainly the best in the country is silly. Those coaches make "mistakes" all the time . My kid was recruited by several of the top teams and one of them had little interest , which coaches were correct ? Time will tell. We have played one of the so called top recruit in her age group when she played on YJ and let's just say she was definitely not one of the kids our team felt was one of their top players .

As usual, the post that started this argument was a negative post from a bitter jealous individual. None of the parents of the Top 40 players came on here and posted the list or pointed it out. The trolls came out and tried to tear down the list and the players who were recognized.

To say that 60% - 70% of those players will not pan out is simply a foolish statement especially without defining what you mean by "pan out".

Some people want to know how players make the list and are genuinely curious but I suspect that there are some who are trying to figure out who they can call to get their kid on the list next year.

Maryland brings in 8 - 10 players per year, they keep a roster size in the low to mid 30's. Currently the Terp's have 35 players on the roster 8 fr, 9 so, 9 jr, 7 sr. and two red-shirts R-sr, R-so.

Many on here like to claim that the majority of players stop playing, don't pan out, never see the field etc...

The reality is that the majority of the players on these lists will go on to have nice playing careers and get a good education. (can't wait to hear the bashing of MD, UNC, FLA, PSU etc...)

The results don't lie, the top programs recruit and get the top players.

I know, I know the list is a joke and your daughter is just as good if not better than many of the girls on the list. She had offers from Maryland, North Carolina and Penn State but she didn't want to go to a big state school. She had offers from Northwestern, Note Dame and Boston College and although they are good schools she could not choose her major. Princeton, Stanford and Duke made offers but you advised her to go somewhere else. Or maybe, none of the top programs in the country made offers and you blamed it on politics.

Keep bashing, keep hating and keep telling yourself and your kid that it's all about politics.

The Watch List was more of the same:

Maryland - 4
Notre Dame - 3
Princeton - 3
Duke - 3
UVA - 2
UNC - 2
Syracuse - 2

BC - 1

Stanford - 3
USC - 4

The best programs appear to be able to consistently get the majority of the best players.

I am sure there are many good players who were not recognized but I think the combination of IL and the best college coaches/recruiters must be pretty accurate when it come to identifying the top players.

If IL gets it wrong it's no big deal but these college coaches get it wrong it will be very obvious when they are no longer the top teams in the country. Until some other programs start doing better than the top teams I will agree with the rankings and the coaches of the best teams in the country.