Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It happens a lot. It's the biggest decision they must make in their life up to that point. Unfortunately they are making these decisions way to young with the early recruitment. Definitely no guarantees. Thanks for that story and I'm sure she'll be fine. This story will get you thinking too.
http://uslaxmagazine.com/high_schoo...r_student_how_curtis_zappala_walked_away

You're welcome. I've been involved with the game for a long time, and my kids situation is not unique. But, there are lots of people who don't want to think it will be their kid. I didn't think it would be my kid. She was 1st team all-county on two different lists. Great/very good player. But, somewhere along the way her feelings about the school she chose changed. Only she knows what it is. And yes, I think she will be fine, at school and on the field. Now, just gotta find the next place. This time she'll probably make a better choice for her.

We have club friends in 8th and 9th grade begging to verbal. The same kids carrying a low grades in school. That never took a regents or the SAT and frankly are too immature just like my kid to make this big decision but the parents keep pushing these little kids to take the plunge. They aren't studs. They aren't picking the best of schools but they are picking. What's the rush?