Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is nobody talking about the IL indoor event on the weekend of the 9th. The top 32 teams as ranked by IL squaring off in what is the closest thing to a girls national championship as we have ever seen. Am I the only one that thinks this. Old develop into something big.
Nice tournament and good idea, but clearly not a national championship. It is indoor and not all top teams are playing (see Summit, Ridgewood, others). Still a good idea.
ok, serious? because Jersey teams arent there? They took the final rankings from the 2016 season and invited all those teams to bring there best players to a tournament close to Jersey. If the schools, coaches or players decided not to attend thats a forfeit of there ranking spot. It seems to me the organizers allowed those teams that gave up, or couldn't find enough commited players to then take players from other schools to fill in rosters. And lets be frank about this, it's not like the N.J. teams are really going to beat the likes of Mc Donogh, Manhasset, or Garden City. Walton (Ga.) St Anthony's (NY) and Westwood (Mass) are also no going but that is on each school so because your region doesn't send a team doesn't make it "not real" the only thing "not real" is your reigons commitment to finding out who is the best. I mean look at Mass. elite complaining how they should be considered top 5 club but not sending there only top ranked team to this event to prove it. And Mass parents , don't complain about the distance, Novato California is sending a team. Most of the top H.S. teams are sending teams if yours isn't you don't get to complain you should have sent a team. This silly sentament that its only 7v7 is also ridicules wether you put your best 12 or best 7 on the field makes little difference you still play your best so in the end it my best against your best. These girls are top athletes and will play to win, this should be fun

Says the parent whose kid probably plays for yj.
Not only am I NOT a Y.J. parent, I don't even have a daughter attending the event. I just think it will put the truly best H.S. teams in one tournament. I personally don't see why you would even bring up the Yellow Jackets. First N.P. isn't invited, second C.R. has no vested interest in this event, and lastly one of the main competitors is Manhasset/ liberty a team she hates (and where my daughter plays) so whats your point with that? I state again just because your coaches/ school didn't have the foresight to send a team does not delegitimize the event, it just means your out this year and you have to deal with that. Personally I hope the event is a huge success, and that next year it happens either very late in the spring so that the seniors of that year can play, or late in the summer so that it csn happen on full fields. either way it comes down to the best players on the best teams playing against each other

Okay, no worries mate. But, you have to admit that winning a meaningless 7v7 indoor "national championship" is something that would be important to a typical yj parent.