Originally Posted by Anonymous
seriously? girls lacrosse is the most corrupt self serving sport. Who you know, who you pay, etc etc. Especially when most of the talent is so closely grouped together

So let me get this straight. There’s a varsity coach at Sayville, who coaches an 8th grade Yellow Jackets team. He’s bringing up 5 or 6 girls to varsity? Or promised them they would come up? How is that not a conflict of interest? Haven’t coached been released for that?? Pay me for yellow jackets and I’ll get you on my varsity team?? As an 8th grader?? C’mon. How does a district stand for that? How are the parents not raising [lacrosse]??

I'm sure the Sayville public relations firm will be flooding newsday with articles etc like they do with the boys football team. In fact.......this is the start of it here.

Football? They've been doing it in all sports for years! I heard from a Sayville parent that they have someone who reaches out to Newsday and that's how it happens. I saw in my district, which doesn't get big coverage, a parent wrote an article about their daughter's very ordinary injury and return, submitted it to Newsday and it got published? WT actual F? I guess if you want coverage, you need to make it easy for Newsday and do the work for them and that will increase your odds of getting published.