Originally Posted by Anonymous
After the top 20 schools most are all playing the same mediocre lacrosse so unless your daughter is an absolute star pick the school where she will be successful on and off the field and if she goes somewhere where you can actually get to watch games that's a huge plus!

Parents who have watched every game their daughter has ever played are in for a real shock when games are being played on the west coast and they cant attend anymore

I agree! And remember a D3 or D 2 NCAA championship game is no less important than a D1 'ship! Despite what some dillusional moms say ALL NCAA rings cost the same, so the lunatic that tries to say her sons D1 ring is $2500 looks like an idiot-and so does her child, especially when he's handing out water on the sideline in his collared shirt and pants. Celebrate all athletes, especially those who actually play.

The rationalizations keep coming and the stones keep getting thrown at high acieving kids. You jealous parents r pretty pathetic. Get over it. Your kid is ok, not great, but there is nothing wrong with that.

I never heard of so many high achieving kids in my life, seems every parent that posts on this board has a kid going to Northwestern or Stanford. I always thought my daughter was in the majority with her 90+gpa and pretty good lax skills but I guess we are the exception. Who would have thought?

90+ GPA (as long as that's in honors/AP classes) will get your kid in most places if they have the lax skills. Sounds like yours might not be as good as you think. Someone just listed for you above a very long list (and still not complete) of great academic institutions w D1 lax. Well beyond just NU and Stanford. If your 90+ GPA daughter isn't being looked at by them, it just means she's not a good enough lax player. No problem, it isn't a good fit and she will end up in a great situation for her somewhere else.