I am willing to bet it is not even a parent associated with an MD club, just some schmuck that has nothing better to do than see if he can start a fight anonymously.

We have been traveling to play MD teams for years and I have met dozens of MD and PA parents and kids and they have always been 1st class competitors. Likewise most of the families on LI are also 1st class. However, in all cases we have some nut jobs and apparently one or two of those nut jobs have infiltrated an otherwise enjoyably sight where I come to see what is going on with this age group.

Like anything else in life, take what you want and leave the rest. Simply don't respond to the nut jobs and they will get bored and leave.

As for the re-class year, anyone can do it, I choose not to follow that trend. While it may be helpful on a lax field and in some cases academically, it is not the right decision for my family even though that might put my son at a advantage for a coveted d-1 lax spot.

I love the sport and would love for him to play at that level, but would much prefer that he keeps his straight A gpa and goes on to a successful, meaningful and productive life and career.

Lax is fun, but until they start giving more than 12.5 scholarships and until the pro teams start paying real $, it will remain just that-fun.