Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about the fact that he wrote about/mentioned a kid (Dalton Koponen (D - St. Thomas Aquinas, Fla. / Florida Xtreme)at two events, so either that kid went to two showcases in a row or someone wasn't paying to much attention to what he himself was writing.

Xanders only writes about kids he hears about from club coaches and evaluators. If you want your kid written about have your club coach (not your HS coach, because he only mixes with the clubs) contact him. If your club can't make it within 100 miles of Baltimore in the Summer or Fall or isn't from a brand name club that pays for him to attend their events you can forget about your kid being mentioned. Joke.

Absolutely not true! He wrote about several kids from LI last summer at Showtime and Jake Reed that were not connected to powerful clubs. He is excellent at what he does. Recognizing and describing the best lax players. And if you think that the coaches of the top D1 programs are not talking with and listening to Ty, get your head out of the sand!!

You are so foolish! Or you are Ty's mom!
No d1 coaches put any validity into what he writes. It's media used to generate interest in a website. The only people that it means anything to is you and the kids. D1 coaches at the top schools I know personally, about 4 of them think it's a joke. What are his credentials to evaluate talent? He never even played , but onciously valid credentials mean nothing to you. Yes he's seen lots of games but so has my mother and she isn't qualified to evaluate talent either.
Fact, D1 coaches use their assistants, themselves and a close network of trusted former players and high school and club coaches to recommend and evaluate talent. It's too important. This is their job! That would be like believing that gm's read and listen to Rome's evaluations on players. Your head my friend is not in the sand... It's somewhere far more dangerous. Sorry to let you know his "opinions" and what really amounts to press releases on players mean NOTHING to any respected coaches out there. Just ask them if and when you visit with them! But you believe what you want, clueless. Oh yea and doctors take advise on patients from the stay at home moms that watch the medical channel right? And by the way, both my kids have been written up many times . But we've also seen him write up 2nd string b level players also. So there you go!