Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just FYI there are no 15 year olds on the madlax team. No hold backs. My son turned 14 last October and he is one if the oldest on the team. I think there are a few august birthdays too. I have heard the club blue team had hold backs but I cannot say that I know it to be true.

Everyone was rusty. It us march. Summer tourneys are for bragging rights.

You sound like a reasonable person. Its just the way the other parent is pounding his chest and claiming all out superiority by MD teams. Like you said it was a spring tournament. You also point out your child turned 14 in October of 2013 and is a 2018 Graduate. My son turned 13 in Nov of 2013 so your child is a full year older. This is due to different cut off dates for schools in NY and MD etc. During this particular time of development in a boys life a year makes a big difference. We cannot deny that. So as many LI parents have said in the past when we play MD and PA teams there is an age difference in kids graduating in 2018. It can even be the same for some LI teams who have 1 or 2 hold backs. At 3D Blue Chip my son had 3 to 4 players on his team from MD and PA who were almost 2 years older than him in his 2018 group. Until USA lacrosse goes to age based cards like soccer this will always be a contested topic. Are your kids playing within the rules of US Lacrosse yes. Is there potential for a player playing in the 2018 Graduating Class to be 2 years older, yes. It is what it is.