Originally Posted by Anonymous
The level of play at Pride was very good. Teams were split up evenly. Toughest part was the games were only 20 mins with each team playing 3 games. Evaluators had very little to go by. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Some very good kids were sent home. Overall a good event. All boys chosen should be proud to have participated. Good luck to those selected to play at Brines event in MD.

I know this will sound like sour grapes but the evaluators did not do much writing on their clipboards during any of the games.

The first 20 kids were already picked. They were looking for 3-5 more out of 15 kids who were on the bubble. I know they were debating whether or not to take 2 or 3 goalies.

My son played in Saturdays event and I thought it was run fine. He didn't make final game but I was happy with his play. Yeah its tough to get cut but its better to experience it a little now than never. Many of these boys may have never been cut before so its tougher for them. This is a fine bunch of young men. Best of luck to all. Thought defense and goalie play was outstanding.