Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are try outs for both Extreme and Terps every year. There is turn over on each team every year...

I suspect there are always players that make a team that really aren't the best just like I suspect there are players that don't make it that really should.

That said, I think the guys running both those top programs want the best players on their teams so they can promote their brands. It just makes sense that the better the players they have, the more tournys they will win and the more lax players they can send off to college and promote on their websites...they are in a business and want to be successful to breed future enrollments...

So, appreciate your two cents, but from a business perspective your logic is flawed.

How is it flawed we are talking showcases here. Ok tell me if scenario works for you. Player A from club X is better than player B from club Y. B's coach is an evaluator at a showcase and he picks his player over the better player. Its all about putting players in their program. More kids at showcase might convince a player from another team to come over to their program. How does being an evaluator where you can influence those that are chosen to play at Brine, Jake Reed, etc. not benifit you and your program. Makes big time sense to try and get more of your kids into the event. There are players that are better than many going to Brine who werent chosen and might not get the looks they deserve due to homerism. Now Coach and Directors can say we had 20 kids selected for Brine or whatever event/showcase on their website. Its plain and simple. If you dont see how this benifits your program and can make you more money I dont know how better to explain it to you.

There are players from other teams that coaches want but cant get because they are loyal to their club. Just ask the players who get the phone calls and promises on a regular basis from directors of other clubs. It happens all day long. Its very rare that the best players move around too often its the secondary players that move. There are many parents who are just happy to say they are affiliated with a certain team and have their kid ride the pine and only see time when the games are over and already won.