I am not suggesting it is bad recruiting advice. 3d is doing right by its followers given the current landscape.

I am of the camp that believes that a boy who couldn't earn a roster spot when competing against kids his own age and therefore reclassifies and builds a resume based on playing against younger boys, simply isn't as good as the college coaches may think.

I believe and am rooting hard that the schools who early recruit re-classified players fail and fail miserably. I hope very much that UVA, JHU and UNC (who I see as worst offenders) underperform vs. recruiting class rank as UNC has done for years and UVA/JHU did last year. Specifically I expect these schools to lose top lax school status from 2017 onwards. The 2016 HS class is the class where the the line was really crossed this is why the 2017 season is the tell all season.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
This IS good recruiting advice. - I know first hand of a kid who went to 3D as a 2016 and did not receive an invite to Jake Reed, he repeated 8th grade a re-classified as a 2017 and has now verbally committed to a top team and top school. How can anybody question their decision or question repeating 8th grade as a viable strategy?