Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Your son wants to Play d 1 Lacrosse Its simple, NO FOOTBALL Go to gym work on your game, do as much lax as possible, get recruited and go back to football in 10th-11th Grade.
It works
that is really dumb advice and pretty much not advocated by most college coaches. They want multi-sport athletes. Read the articles.

That's a load of crap. Football never made anyone a better lax player. Kids that excel at both football and lax are just gifted athletes. One has nothing to do with the other. How many top basketball recruits are playing lacrosse over the summer to get better at basketball? NONE. Silliest notion ever. Show me the randomized study that supports this thinking? Doesn't exist. Please don't start with overuse injury stuff in little kids. We're talking about HS players here. Football is great if you don't mind the injuries and want to play football in college.

You truly just want to hear yourself talk. Do a little google seach about multi-sport athletes and lacrosse (and maybe start with this link: http://www.uslacrosse.org/multimedi...nd-off-on-multi-sport-participation.aspx) and you will find out prretty quickly and in a fact-based way you are just spewing nonsense.

Your an idiot. There is no fact. Show me study that proves this. You can't because it doesn't exist. It's a school of thought. Not based in fact. These same coaches recruit Lacrosse only kids for their teams. Look, I could care less. Make your kid play football, good luck.
You sound like extremely reasonable people. You know, the kind of people that others just enjoy being around. Really