Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would LI players like to compete against AL,FL,GA,LA,TN,MS for a spot on Jake Reed. Of course they would. Think about the lack of competition. Sorry its just facts. If you cant compare them sisde by side with Mid Atlantic region which will be stacked then very tough to compare apples to apples.
Decades back, Detroit laughed at overseas competition in the auto industry.

Years back, technology and IT staffers laughed at the prospect of an emerging off-shore push.

The point is simple. The Long Island and Maryland strangle-hold on recruiting scholarships will eventually decay as other regions begin to move into the competition. Think about it.

Cage I agree but what people or parents do is avoid the better competition. Come on, your a good attackman and you have that Big D man from extreme on you he makes you look OK. Now you go down and work a weak D man and you look great. As much as the evaluators try and make selections over all the regions when great players go against weak comp they look even better. I do agree as more athletes get involved and ex big lax guys living in other states really get lacrosse going the comp will get better but that in my opinion 5 to 10 years away. You have Cali and Texas and a few others putting out some good teams but those are just one or two strong teams. Could you imagine if LI actually put together a real select elite team. I mean the best players from Extreme, Express, Team LI etc. WOW.