Originally Posted by Anonymous
The whole Pelham gripe sounds pretty petty. He obviously earned his spot no matter where he was from. But lets make things a little clear, from the initial try outs they were posted as Long Island and New [lacrosse]. The site showed filled, please sign up in either CT or NJ. Pelham is technically lower Westchester & there is no Westchester or any other region for others to sign up in. I would find it more fitting for him to be in Long Island/New [lacrosse] then CT or NJ? I actually find it more impressive that he decided compete with the best instead trying out in one of the less competitive areas. Congrats Pelham!

Pelham kid is a beast. He is good enough to make any region he tries out for. Its that plain and simple. He also plays for a LI team.

The Brine Directors encourage this. So if it their policy and you don't like it, don't participate. I realize some of the kids cut have never been cut from any team before and that's difficult. But move on, there are several other showcase type opportunities this summer, which you can still attend.

They want the games to be as competitive as possible. They will take the best kids who tryout. Long Island Kids (boys and girls) have played for other regions in the past.

If you want to say that there are kids that didn't make it that are as good as kids that did that is fine. Please stop with the "he should have made it" BS. Does anyone on here actually think that any of the boys who made it are not good? Was there anyone who was cut better than all of the boys who made it?