Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please all understand this entire debate, like all others on this board, is based upon how your child gets effected.

So if your kid was chosen to play, you want everyone to say, this was the best process and brine is the best event and the kids on the team are the best on LI.

If your kid wasn't chosen, you want everyone to say, the process was unfair and some kids that should have been chosen weren't.

then we have the people who are realistic, who don't give this entire subject much thought, but those people are likely not in the majority as it is human nature to protect and promote our own children.

the truth is somewhere in the middle. many of the right kids were chosen, many were not and of course there are politics in the process, just like every other aspect of life. You should all also remember, there are lots of kids that are very good that didn't try out for this team for whatever reason, lack of knowledge, time conflicts or value.

Brine is a nice thing to put on your lax resume but it is not a recruiting event, those events start in a few weeks. So, if your kid goes to JR and the colleges start calling, then you know your kid is the real deal. If those colleges don't call, tell your kid to work harder for next year as the college coaches aren't employed by 91, LIE, Crabs...So no one can claim their kid is best or their kid wasn't given fair shake---that is where the process gets fair...

100% accurate post! It's why none of this debate means anything. Once you get the politics out of the way, the true best kids (brine players or non) will be chosen by the coaches. The coaches will choose those player who's skills best fit their program. Look, as a coach told me with my older son, "there are about 60 top recruits every year (nationally) that every D1 program wants hands down." The rest of the kids are choices that make the best sense for the individual program needs.
This 2018 class is very talented. You have the top 3 A teams and everyone knows who they are, then you have about 4 or 5 other teams that could battle it out for the 4th spot on any given day. Those 4 or 5 teams top 6 or 7 kids can easily run with the talent on the top 3 A teams. Point is, that makes for a very large pool of talent at the top end of this class. In my humble opinion, you will see many D1 recruits from this pool over the next 12-36 months. You will also see plenty of these kids going to great D3 schools as well.
I think the moral of the story here is, RELAX... There will be plenty of opportunity to play NCAA Lacrosse for the above mentioned group. Good luck to all, try and enjoy the journey, you'll blink one day and all of a sudden these kids will be looking for jobs in the real world..... All of this will be a blur.