Originally Posted by Anonymous
Am I being naïve, but I don't think Brine is a recruiting event? yes, nice to put on resume and wonderful experience but I don't think it is a recruiting event...am I wrong?

In my opinion...
WRONG! it was a recruiting event last year, the year before and will even be more this year. May not have all the coaches there that are watching the HS event watch the MS but I guarantee that they do quite a few come by to check out the rising freshman class.

Could not be more wrong. This is NOT a recruiting event: the coaches are mainly college coaches and thus in that capacity cannot and will not discuss "recruiting".
Certainly some will have their eyes open but the championship game last year,(won by Long Island north for the 2017 class) was not attended by any coaches other than those who were actually coaching the two teams.

Stop making guarantees that you cannot back up.

The Philly showcase, however, is a different story....couldn't fit another coach's camp chair along the sidelines at some games....

Thank you.

But the Brine does offer some excellent opportunities for exposure. I think that's the driver for these kids that want to advance to MD. And why was last year called Long Island North?

From a 2017 parent (my 2 cents/opinion):
- Brine does provide some exposure, but is definately not a recruiting event
- Jake Reed in the summer starts the college recruting game in earnest for rising freshman
- As stated above, Philly Showcase in the Fall is the best college recruiting event for freshman hands down (better than Jake Reed Fall Showcase, Natl 175, etc.)
- Freshman summer - Maverick is the best recruiting showcase followed closely by Jake Reed, then Adrenaline Black Card and Warrior NSCLA Select Showcase