Originally Posted by Anonymous
The level of play at Pride was very good. Teams were split up evenly. Toughest part was the games were only 20 mins with each team playing 3 games. Evaluators had very little to go by. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes. Some very good kids were sent home. Overall a good event. All boys chosen should be proud to have participated. Good luck to those selected to play at Brines event in MD.

I know this will sound like sour grapes but the evaluators did not do much writing on their clipboards during any of the games.

The first 20 kids were already picked. They were looking for 3-5 more out of 15 kids who were on the bubble. I know they were debating whether or not to take 2 or 3 goalies.

2 or 3 goalies? Why?
Please do tell since you are in the know. All goalies played really well. From what I saw on Saturday any goalie chosen would have been fine. Especially with the defensive strength that was shown. Some had more opportunity than others resulting in more saves. My son a goalie had 6 saves in just one of his ten minute halves. Some point blank vs some of the better shooters. Do I think he should have been picked to play in final game [lacrosse] yeah but that's me being a supportive father and biased. Are there other goalies who might not have seen as much action but are historically very good goalies that were picked to move on, yes. Am I upset no. The problem with these tryouts for goalies is if they don't see action how to judge them. Do you go based on the tryout or previous performance. So a lot of times in my opinion some goalies are decided upon before a tryout. These goalies may not advance to the final team but took a spot for others that were deserving of a final look in that last game based on their performance at the tryout.

Things are changing. Kids are hitting puberty getting bigger, stronger, and working harder.