Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are try outs for both Extreme and Terps every year. There is turn over on each team every year...

I suspect there are always players that make a team that really aren't the best just like I suspect there are players that don't make it that really should.

That said, I think the guys running both those top programs want the best players on their teams so they can promote their brands. It just makes sense that the better the players they have, the more tournys they will win and the more lax players they can send off to college and promote on their websites...they are in a business and want to be successful to breed future enrollments...

So, appreciate your two cents, but from a business perspective your logic is flawed.

I totally agree with the business perspective. BUT, if you think there are “tryouts” for both of these teams, you are dreaming. Both teams are pick before tryouts. There maybe some movement between the two programs top teams and the “second” team, but they both are handpicked prior to anyone paying their $100 for tryouts…

You my friend are spot on. When players dont even need to tryout and are selected is proof of that. Many phone calls and pledges are made well before tryouts for these elite teams.