Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just FYI there are no 15 year olds on the madlax team. No hold backs. My son turned 14 last October and he is one if the oldest on the team. I think there are a few august birthdays too. I have heard the club blue team had hold backs but I cannot say that I know it to be true.

Everyone was rusty. It us march. Summer tourneys are for bragging rights.

If they aren't 15 yet, they are turning 15 shortly. Look, there were many of your kids that were too old for [lacrosse]'s. It was posted on your website. That would make them very close to 15 if not there yet. I guess the LI kids day is over, we're just not good at lacrosse anymore.

I am the one whose son turned 14 in October. He will be 15 in seven months. Not sure if that qualifies as shortly. I haven't seen the roster with brirth dates in a while, but from what I recall the average kid on this team was born in early 2000. Several like my son are now about 14 1/2, several are just turning 14 this winter, and several are still 13 and have birthdates this spring and summer.

To the earlier poster, I agree that at this age a year is huge. It can mean five inches and thirty lbs or more. My son shot up in seven grade but his growth has slowed recently. Some of the younger kids on his team have not hit their spurt (including the smaller fogo for those of you who saw the game). Bottom line, if the average terp is turning 14 this summer, then yes, you can tell them they lost to a team that probably is six mons older on average. If the average terp is turning 14 about now, then age was not a factor. I will say this, to my eye the difference in the game was madlax midfield controlled the ball, especially in the first half. Our middies were bigger, faster and stronger, on average. Perhaps it was age.

Final note. We know Long Island tesms are usually tough and skilled. So we get excited when we beat one. So take it as a compliment that we care about beating a LI team. Agree there is too much chest thumping on here. We should all chill, as these are not our victories anyway.