Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have insight into the Nat Invite Best of Best individual showcase for 2018's on July 4th? Was invited but would like more info than the site provides before registering.

Any insight is appreciated. Please don't tell me it is a money grab - I think they are all money grabs - it is the one thing I know already.

Nat 175 has historically been a very good venue, organizers have great connections with many College coaches. The 2018 events they added are specifically for those kids who are trying to play at the D1 level. They say they are capping the grade at 84 players. Which equates to about 4 teams. It seems that 175 added this because the coaches are looking for showcase type venues to observe 2018 players this summer. Whether we agree with it or not, it seems like interest in early recruiting is accelerating with no signs of slowing down.

Worst case its just a really good (overpriced) clinic. Keep in mind the Brine is Jun 30, July 1st, 2nd & 3rd. And Best of the Best is the 4th. And the weekend before is huge tourney weekend.