I just got word your son did make the alternates...it was just a typo. Feel better? would your son? Probably not. And guess what? It is totally ok. I was at the tryout I saw a talent level that I seriously doubt would be surpassed by any regional/state/locale team. The talent up and down the board was that good. Does it help that players that were clearly better at the tryout did not make team or showcase game? No, but what sincerely matters is what the first sentence out of your mouth as soon as you got in the car. If you said "I love you, you played great, and I am proud of you" no matter what the turnout was that in itself should be the best part of the experience. If he did make the team he just realized or should, there is a ton of talent out there and it is getting tighter all the time - if he did not make it, make him understand he is this close...and he will be absolutely fine. You are not going to be able to watch your son play Lacrosse forever, make the most of the experiences and enjoy it while it lasts...it is going to go really fast..