Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Trying to clarify individual showcase opportunities for the upcoming summer season. The below excludes local only events. Please add to the list if you are in the know of other events. All events include the 2018 graduating class.

I am aware of four invite/recommendation/tryout type camps/events available to 2018s this coming summer of 2014. These are camps that are selective, not for everybody. You need to apply and get accepted or get invited. You do not just enroll.

Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip - the only way to go is to have applied/been invited to the 3d Bluechip camps which occurred in Florida back in January. This is done. Invites for JR are being sent this week (by March 1st). – 2018 camp is scheduled for June 26-28.

Brine National Lacrosse Classic – this is a regional team event. You need to make the team for the region you tryout at. LI region tryout was back in December. For LI it is a two stage tryout with an upcoming Pride of LI game to finalize the roster. You can attend any region’s tryout and play for any region’s team. Therefore it is not too late to try and attend. The national event is June 30-July 3

Top Prospect Camp – individual camp catering to 2018s and 2019s. As previously mentioned run by Crabs. It appears they are still accepting applications. There are two session June 16-19 and July 7-10.

Top 205 Camp – 2018s are the youngest her as like JR this I rising freshman through rising seniors. They use a recommendation/application process similar to Top Prospect. This camp is June 27-30.

What about National 175.

I beleive that 175 is for Freshman (2017). You get to try next year.