First, as to the write up by Ty - understand that for 2018 the kids were divided into 6 teams and they played 4 games as did 2017 and 2016. There were always 3 games going on at the same time. Ty wrote about each class so unless he has super powers there is no way he saw every game. I hope that puts his write up into some perspective. Congrats to each of the kids that got mentioned but having watched 6 2018 games I can tell you the talent level across the board was off the charts. I saw some of the best lacrosse I have seen played at the 8th grade level. To me there were a handful of kids at top of the class who were phenomenal and a handful at the bottom who were very good but not quite there. The majority of the kids in the middle were really, really good. What was very impressive to me was the excellent passing - you just didn't see any ball hogging which surprised me for a showcase event. The training and coaching was fantastic and it was clear the kids bought into the warnings that ball hogging was the best way to insure not getting an invite.

The goal really is to be one of the kids that makes it to the summer event and I don't know how they will make those decisions as so many played well enough to make it. Whether my son is in that group or not it was well worth the trip and the $.