Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for your indulgence. What I noticed in that game was a group of boys playing together to pull out another come from behind win against TLI - again. I don't think the boys or the organization really care what town or county or state they're from, but it is a little sad that it matters to you.
The thread was pounding Xtreme coaches for political roster picks - if the picks are so political, then why is TLI 0-2 against Xtreme in last last 12 months and Express 1-3? Political picks don't seem to be hurting Xtreme's results - that is the point of mentioning them. If the team is so political, then why doesn't anyone leave - like the way kids leave TLI and Express to go to Xtreme?

You just can't help yourself can u? Yes u did have that record, congratulations! I am not sure either team even bothers to play the almighty Xtreme. Everyone should just bow and forfeit at the sight of those Shiney helmets! please!!!!! But I will indulge u and answer your question. Have u noticed that half your team barley or doesn't play in close games?? Kids can't hurt u in games if they are not in there!!! If u didn't notice there wasn't an Xtreme goal scored by a long island kid in the TLI game. That being said if the kids and parents are ok with it then it's all good. Its their choice.

that's funny - no goals by a born, bred, and corn fed long islander.

No one cares. Its just an observation. You asked why Xtreme is so successful even though it is political. And how they recruited all the other teams best players. I was just pointing out that none of the kids recruited from TLI or Express made a significant impact. I would rather my son's team play the best kids out there to push themselves and improve. My point was that you don't need to actively to have a great team. TLI and Express do a great job in developing players. In addition u said nobody voluntarily left, which is true, but the 2 cast offs from 91 (possibly political reasons) played significant roles in a very close game. They competed with their former teammates and proved they belong on either team. Again all that being said, all these teams and coaches do a great job and put quality players and teams on the field. There is no need to get into childish pissing matches over who is better or wins and loses. It takes away from what is important. The kids have other teams in their backyard that they can compete at a high level with. When the parents need to make it more than it is it trickles down to the kids. Let the coaches and players do their talking on the field! Us parents need to stay quiet.