Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What towns have produced the "best" college players over the last 10 years?

Does anyone want to take a shot at this?

Looking to see if there is a town that is producing kids that "stand out" at the D-1 level.

All American, All Conference or North South honors.

Towns that come to mind are:

Garden City
Manhasset
West Islip
Cold Spring Harbor
Smithtown
Syosset
Massapequa

I think that Chaminade and St Anthony's have put out the most but what towns are the players from?

West Islip has had a few AA's in D-1 since 2004. Justin Turri -Duke 2011, 2012 honorable Mention, Ryan Flanagan- N.Carolina 2011,2010,2009, Nick Galasso - N.Carolina 2011, Brian Caufield-Albany 2009 (HM). Christian Scuderi-Hofstra 2009 (HM) also D2 AA at NYIT in 2007,2008. A few more D2 AA's were Albert Maione-Molloy 2009, Matt Sullivan-NYIT 2010, Eddie Plompen- CW Post 2011. Turri, Flanagan,Caufield, Maione and Scuderi all play or played in MLL. Andrew Hodgson-Towson was All-CAA in 2013 and is presently a senior. Ian Braddish - Hofstra was 1st team All-CAA in 2011. Mike Sagl-Quinnipiac was 2nd team All-NEC in 2013. Drew Federico-Fairfield was All-ECAC rookie in 2012 as was Bryan Badalato at Sacred Heart, presently at Marquette. Pete Mezzanotte-Towson was USILA North-South All-Star in 2011 and currently plays for Denver Outlaws in MLL. That is all I can think of now, I may have missed somebody. there will be others.

Thank you West Islip.

5 D1 All Americans

4 D1 All Conference

1 North South player.

That is an impressive list. What other towns have produced high caliber D1 players?