Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its a very sad state of affairs when 91 has their fingers in so many pots. Didn't they have coaches as evaluators at the 3D Blue Chip event also. So they are pulling the strings at two of the premier showcases Jake Reed and Brine. Well doesn't that suck for all non 91 players. Wish what we said here actually had some influence. Maybe, maybe some of the higher ups from these showcase events will read whats posted on these sites and actually learn something. Looks like Brine did and took the alternates down.
Tell your son to pick a different sport, sh-- happens.

Your are probably the same parent who tells their child that they were screwed out of a spot, maybe instead of trying to place blame or make excuses, encourage your child to work harder, learn from the event to work on areas that they feel needs improvement. I guarantee that your child is more honest about the outcome of the tryouts than most of the parents who come on the board to bash the various organization who setup the showcases. Yes 91 coaches did get involved in both Brine Nationals and 3d JR tryouts but so do several other coaches from other clubs. My son does not play for 91 but he will even admit that the players selected are top players. Same happened last year for the North team, but those were Express players, no Express coach was involved last year. I recommend that any 2018 player parent believes their child is at top level, sign up for the NAT175 Individual coming up in July. They added 75 spots and is by recommendation by Coach, HS or Club.

Let's just be happy for the players who made it, cheer them on to do well at Brine Nationals and work to make it next year onto the 2018 team.

You have no clue. You are the parent who feels nepotism is ok. A spot gets taken by a player who should not be on final team. Its obvious better players were over looked and your ok with it. In regards to the kids selected yes they are good. You can ask them they will tell you better kids were left off.

Parenting moment here for you the above poster. Your child plays exceptionally well and happens to be on the same team and line as another player who doesn't play well. They were basically side by side the whole tryout. Its very obvious your son is better player. To the point where parents you dont know tell you how good he looks and he's a shoe in to at least to make final game, but he doesn't get asked to play. He knows how well he did (been training like a dog rain shine through injury etc.) and the other kid played poorly but makes final game. He knows the truth no explanation needed. I also think the kid who was selected knows the truth. Or is daddy blowing sunshine up his skirt and tells him he is the best. This isnt 5th grade anymore players are passing by those players everyone thought were the best. It will continue to happen.

Well, you are right, this isn't 5th grade and my son was side by side with the players, but as a for a "parenting moment", seriously, get a life. there were several players who parents were talking about being a shoe in but you obviously haven't figure it out yet, I'll put into simple words for you, parents (that includes you and me) are not the ones who look to see for certain things that stick out in the evaluators' mind. Player may have phenomenal stick skill but constantly misses the cage, who really knows.

All I'm saying is congratulate the players who made it and move on.