Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not all the the 3d Blue Chip invites are out. They are still vetting. If you applied late, there is a strong chance that you have not heard yet, there is a strong chance your child is still being considered.

I am hoping to hear more from the 2017 parents who took players to Florida last year. Your insight and feedback is exactly what this forum is intended to be about.

Recruiting aspect - general responses so far is that this is not really a recruiting event

Competition Quality? -especially versus Brine NLC and other events billed as elite only?????

Coaching Quality?

Evaluation Process?

We all already know it is very expensive - did anyone spend the extra $300+ to get a highlight tape?

My son is a 2017 and we attended this event last January. On the whole I thought it was a great experience. The competition was top notch and the event was very well organized and there were plenty of coaches and evaluators around. It was a beautiful three days weather wise and it was nice to get away in January. To be clear, this event has NO recruiting value whatsoever! This is a play in event for the summer Jake Reed camp.

On the negative side, my son is a defenseman and I have to say the lack of defensive coaching was somewhat disturbing. The 3D box/field methodology is very heavily offense oriented and the poles got little to no instruction. They are basically on their own for the three days.

Overall, it was a great experience, however for a defensemen, not the best from a coaching standpoint.