Originally Posted by Anonymous
What towns have produced the "best" college players over the last 10 years?

Does anyone want to take a shot at this?

Looking to see if there is a town that is producing kids that "stand out" at the D-1 level.

All American, All Conference or North South honors.

Towns that come to mind are:

Garden City
Manhasset
West Islip
Cold Spring Harbor
Smithtown
Syosset
Massapequa

I think that Chaminade and St Anthony's have put out the most but what towns are the players from?

West Islip has had a few AA's in D-1 since 2004. Justin Turri -Duke 2011, 2012 honorable Mention, Ryan Flanagan- N.Carolina 2011,2010,2009, Nick Galasso - N.Carolina 2011, Brian Caufield-Albany 2009 (HM). Christian Scuderi-Hofstra 2009 (HM) also D2 AA at NYIT in 2007,2008. A few more D2 AA's were Albert Maione-Molloy 2009, Matt Sullivan-NYIT 2010, Eddie Plompen- CW Post 2011. Turri, Flanagan,Caufield, Maione and Scuderi all play or played in MLL. Andrew Hodgson-Towson was All-CAA in 2013 and is presently a senior. Ian Braddish - Hofstra was 1st team All-CAA in 2011. Mike Sagl-Quinnipiac was 2nd team All-NEC in 2013. Drew Federico-Fairfield was All-ECAC rookie in 2012 as was Bryan Badalato at Sacred Heart, presently at Marquette. Pete Mezzanotte-Towson was USILA North-South All-Star in 2011 and currently plays for Denver Outlaws in MLL. That is all I can think of now, I may have missed somebody. there will be others.

Thank you West Islip.

5 D1 All Americans

4 D1 All Conference

1 North South player.

That is an impressive list. What other towns have produced high caliber D1 players?

Pretty good evidence that proved something we all knew. Talent comes from everywhere on the island. So no need to go to one of the LI Catholics for lax - like it was suggested.

Agreed, save your money and stay public, much better quality teachers and education plus some of the best lax programs in the country!

You are out of your mind if you think public school on LI are superior to Chaminade.....The overall "product" produced at Chaminade (athletics, academics, discipline, character, etc.) is just not found elsewhere. If you want to save your money that is fine but don't start with the nonsense hating.