Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agre the players intent was "wanted to and liked them" they did not play because of a desire to use the sport to get better at lax.

However, the result is the other sports helped instill a toughness and competitiveness that did help them on the lacrosse field.

I am not saying you have to play another sport to be good at lacrosse I am only stating that barring injury there is zero downside to playing these sports and that they are all catalysts for improved lacrosse performance. I am saying that lacrosse players in particular should be encouraged to play multiple sports due to the catalytic effect these sports have on lacrosse player performance (Football, Wrestling, Hockey and Basketball in particular).

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those kids mentioned above played those other sports because they wanted to and liked them. It is doubtful they played to get better at lax. Further, they are all guys who had the god given athletic gifts. No amount of football made them any better at lax. Its just the opposite of what you're saying. The athletic gift allowed them to play multiple sports at a high level. Playing one sport didn't make them better at the other.

First, please post from the bottom.
For the record, I'm not anti football, great sport if you like it.
However, you can also make a point that that the wear and tear on the body from a season of HS football most likely had more of a negative effect than the positives you preach. Why is it that "football" makes you competitive? I played it, didn't make anyone "more" competitive. Lacrosse doesn't make you more competitive, you either are or you aren't competitive. Again until someone comes up with a study to prove what your saying is so, I file it under the category of anecdotal information or a school of thought. Not based in any fact. Last couple of points I'll make. (admittedly anecdotal as well, but a bit more logical) Do you think lacrosse made Jim Brown a better football player? Or was it his athletic gift the thing that made him the football player he was? I say it was his athletic gifts. One more. Would an athlete like Jadaveon Clowny, who might be the number one pick in the NFL draft this year be any better at football if he had played Lacrosse? I think we all know the answer. Being 6ft 5, 275lbs and running a 4.45 40 is a gift. So why do you think any amount of football would make a talented lacrosse player any better. Zero logic to assume it would. Just like no amount of football will make you better at, golf, swimming, tennis, basketball or any other sport, no amount of Lacrosse will make you better at any of those sports either. There is no magic that comes from football.