I agre the players intent was "wanted to and liked them" they did not play because of a desire to use the sport to get better at lax.

However, the result is the other sports helped instill a toughness and competitiveness that did help them on the lacrosse field.

I am not saying you have to play another sport to be good at lacrosse I am only stating that barring injury there is zero downside to playing these sports and that they are all catalysts for improved lacrosse performance. I am saying that lacrosse players in particular should be encouraged to play multiple sports due to the catalytic effect these sports have on lacrosse player performance (Football, Wrestling, Hockey and Basketball in particular).

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those kids mentioned above played those other sports because they wanted to and liked them. It is doubtful they played to get better at lax. Further, they are all guys who had the god given athletic gifts. No amount of football made them any better at lax. Its just the opposite of what you're saying. The athletic gift allowed them to play multiple sports at a high level. Playing one sport didn't make them better at the other.