Originally Posted by Anonymous
Too much here to jump all over. Try re-reading inserting the phrase, "...in my opinion." at the end of each sentence. It will make more sense. Really, try it!

Most everything on this forum is an opinion.

I read the post in question again and yes it is the opinion of one person but I think it spot on.

Lacrosse is a second tier sport.
The best athletes in the world do not play lacrosse.
College coaches want the best athletes that they can get but they do not get the best athletes. (kids that can play cornerback in the SEC do not choose lacrosse as their college sport) Lacrosse gets very good athletes but not the best.
Are there many Long Island athletes who have turned down full rides to play football at Notre Dame in order to play lacrosse at Hopkins for 1/3 scholarship?
All “athletic” things being equal a college coach will select the player with the superior lacrosse skill and IQ.
The “stay home” and the “play multiple sports in HS” crowd will be in for a rude awakening if the sport continues to grow. The large majority of athletes who compete at the highest level in their chosen sport start to specialize at some point before reaching the top level. The athletes who compete at the highest level in other sports do not only compete with kids from their town. Hockey, Tennis, Soccer, Basketball and most other sports have well established leagues/teams/programs where the best play and compete. I doubt that the men and women from UConn only played on their town teams growing up.

So, aside from the typos, spelling errors and or alcohol induced grammatical blunders I agree with it.