Originally Posted by Anonymous
Best part is that a week ago every one was saying that this isn't a showcase and were downplaying the event. Yet... so many upset people. I am soooooooo glad when I logged on it said "SOLD OUT". And when I called I was advised to just go to another region. I did, players were picked, nobody complained, and life went on. Must be our water on LI.
From a parent whoe kid went to Brine last summer (2017), it was a fun event but no means a huge deal if you kid doesn't go. Maverick, Jake Reed in the summer and Philly Showcase in the Fall of Freshman year much more important to the recruiting process. Brine is a well-run event, representing your state/area, got first showcase-type event for the biys to get used to before Maverick, Jake Reed, etc. and it is probably modestly helpful of your son getting his name out there. But definately not the end of the world if you kid didn't make it or didn't sign up.I think the parents just go crazy (as evidenced by this Board) as it is the first time kids are selected for something outside of there club teams and there are a lot of emotions with making/not making it (frankly more for the parents probably than the kids unfortunately).