It depends on the particular summer - the 2018s are now considered rising freshmen. The goal of this particular summer is to begin to get exposure and prepare him to play on the big stage

Brine, Jake Reed etc.. are good because they are not real recruiting events this year, but as individual showcases simulate the big stage at events for individuals. This gives your son has a leg up in what to expect in the fall of 9th grade and the following summer.

There will be coaches on some sidelines this summer. If your boy is on the bench, he is not getting looked at. If your boy's team is at the wrong tournaments he is not getting looked at regardless of how much he plays. Both club affiliation AND playing time are therefore important

These are still boys and not men, it is too early to have these concerns, but it is reality if your boy aspires to play high level D1 5 years from now

Originally Posted by Anonymous
IMHO - I would rather have my son on the best team possible with the best coaches possible, the summer is all about getting better, and you get better in practice and practicing against better players not in games. Having said that, after Xtreme, TLI and Terps I think that the next best teams are 91 white, outlaws and fl$, so many new teams are popping up that until you get into the summer you don't know who is going to be competitive, always pick coaches not organizations