Originally Posted by Maniac
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In the ultimate holding back - Casey Carroll will play his final season at Duke this year, Casey graduated Duke in '07 with one year of eligibility left but decided to do 5 years PG in Afghanistan, came back last year but hurt his leg so he red shirted and now, at age 29 will play his final year.

Or as most LI lax parents would say.....cheater

This comment is disgraceful! That fact that you would even mention his name and what he did for this country in this thread is unbelievable. He served his country and fought for your freedoms. The NCAA did the right and proper thing by waving the 5 in 4 rule for last year's season and after his injury before the season started last year by giving him his medical red-shirt to play this year. He is getting his well deserved chance to finish his dream of dodging an opponent on a DI college lacrosse field, instead of dodging a bullet in Afghanistan.

Last night, I sat my 8 yr old son and my 12 yr old nephew down and had them read about Casey Carroll and his sacrifices he made and his perseverance. This is what a true hero looks like! Show your kid what hard work looks like instead of showing them a shortcut to being one year bigger and stronger than their classmate/teammate!

maniac i believe the poster was being sarcastic