Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Changing topic. How are the A teams outside the elites? These elite teams seem crowded. I would prefer my son playing on a team that was just very good. Teams like the Outlaws, Jesters, fl$, etc. What's better 20+ minutes playing with kids that are very good and jare cosched well. Or playing very limited and be on an elite?

IMHO - I would rather have my son on the best team possible with the best coaches possible, the summer is all about getting better, and you get better in practice and practicing against better players not in games. Having said that, after Xtreme, TLI and Terps I think that the next best teams are 91 white, outlaws and fl$, so many new teams are popping up that until you get into the summer you don't know who is going to be competitive, always pick coaches not organizations

Totally 100% disagree. My son has played on one of the Elite teams in the past. Was a second line player, he wanted to leave after one season. Hated the constant pressure to be perfect all the time at 12 yo. In his words "why is every game like the NCAA finals"? He is now on a very competitive A team and plays more than enough. To correct the poster above, you do not get better just practicing. You need to actually play in games against the best competition. His team won't beat the top two teams, but he get's to play against that competition all the time. As a result, he is playing confident, and playing the best lacrosse he has ever played. This is what will help him compete in the showcases next year. Remember, the starting 10 on the top two LI teams play the majority of every tough game. That's 20 kids in 2018. Trust me when I say, there will be way more 2018 kids that get recruited in the years to come.