Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Teachers in those "lower" schools are incredible gifted and dedicated, often spending money out of their own pocket for students and their classroom, There is no doubt that districts that pay the top salaries are going to attract the top teachers and have the pick of the litter and those teachers probably prosper in those environments but a dedicated teacher that spends 30 years in those other districts have a much more rewarding professional career. They can really make a difference in a young persons life and many many teachers choose the profession to do just that. Thank you to all the teachers that teach our kids and put up with us parents in all the districts.

Stop, let's be real on this subject. The unspoken real truth here about the difference in these two groups of schools, is family structure. Not teachers. I would venture to say that 90% of the kids in the lower end school districts come from single parent families. Most likely 70% were born out of wedlock. While 90-95% of the kids in the top school districts come from two parent families. The reality is, kids who come from two parent families and who are born into a family where the parents are married do far better in school and in life. That's a reality. The fundamental difference in these schools is parental involvement and family values.
Don't start telling me I'm wrong, do a few google searches and read the information for yourself. Some may not want to agree, but the truth is sometimes shocking.

So these percentages and stereotypes are your opinion or some facts you learned during a google search? 95 is a big number!