Not a lot of effort, and I agree my #'s at the bottom are made up. But I am trying to understand from the LI parents how many of the Jake Reed 120 they think will come from LI? is the rest of the country throwing money away when they sign up for 3d? If that is the case it should be discussed here.

Are we to expect that for Jake Reed 20 each from 91,Express and Team LI? Leaving only 60 spots for every other boy to compete for?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay, 600 kids across 5 regions only the top 120 make it to Jake Reed.

How many do you think will come from each region? Do you really think all the other regions are horrible? are 80-90% going to come from MId Atlantic

FOGO is the position where the hot beds excel significantly. To reach top level requires skill specific coaching which is hard to find outside the hot beds. At all other position I find it highly doubtful a single region out paces the others. This is an athletes game and there are athletes everywhere. LI does not have a monopoly on athleticism.

You also need to double check which states are in the region - It is not like there were a lot of Mississippi and Louisiana kids in the South - It was a lot of MD, VA, FL

I will concede Mid Atlantic is probably the top, my guess is Jake will be:
25% Mid Atlantic
20% South
20% North East
17.5% Midwest
17.5% West

Wow. That's a lot of effort to just make stuff up!