Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
we are no experts on this recruiting game. But I think for someone to get looked at it either needs to be a small venue or the coaches are going to a large venue specifically to see that kid (and the only way that happens is if that kid sends something proactively to coach). Clubs get into events and I had one in LI Lax fest, but there were 16 fields and 1000s of kids. No way to stand out long enough to get exposure and I didn't see any coaches on the rising 8th grade sidelines, but maybe I missed them. WHereas other poster, if being hoenst said there were a bunch at Dukes and Adrenaline and both of those were very small events...

For JR, I think anyone who made that list and is attending from this grade got those form letter emails from various programs asking for info about the player. I have seen Ohio state, Michigan, ND, UNC and one other, but those were all form letter emails.

I am not sure how or when you know when a school is serious unless they call your coach and tell him...

Brine sent out a similar thing yesterday for form letters. This is all very confusing. Can't wait for the Brine next week they have parent recruiting seminars, recruiting 101. I don't mind going to these events. However, I would like to see past results. Meaning this kid got a commitment because he attended that showcase. Sort of performance stats. One interesting fact about the Brine was they asked, if possible, to not wear club helmets.

IMHO...for upcoming freshman - Having a good travel team is important. In the summer, making the Rising Freshman Brine team (& doing well in it) will start your "looks". Doing the whole Nike Blue Chip JR thing is questionable. Some do well, others not so much. In the fall, making the Fall Philly Freshman Invitational AND making the "Fab 40" will get you on "the Radar". UNC & Duke Prospect Days are among the better for the $$. Go out and do well at the HS level..."playing with the Big Boys" can really help. At the end of Freshman year, The LI Lax Showcase is great place for looks (if you do well) Other than that, its all individual! I've heard many different stories but, this has worked for mine.