Originally Posted by Anonymous
Changing topic. How are the A teams outside the elites? These elite teams seem crowded. I would prefer my son playing on a team that was just very good. Teams like the Outlaws, Jesters, fl$, etc. What's better 20+ minutes playing with kids that are very good and jare cosched well. Or playing very limited and be on an elite?

IMHO - I would rather have my son on the best team possible with the best coaches possible, the summer is all about getting better, and you get better in practice and practicing against better players not in games. Having said that, after Xtreme, TLI and Terps I think that the next best teams are 91 white, outlaws and fl$, so many new teams are popping up that until you get into the summer you don't know who is going to be competitive, always pick coaches not organizations

I can agree and disagree, but that's why it is an interesting debate. However, what if you're son is unhappy because he isn't seeing the field. It is sort of like HS already, but here you can change teams...

The child being happy is the most important part of the equation - happy and enjoying playing lacrosse trumps all

I think so. And I'll preface this with... no I don't think any of the next level of teams can compete with the elites (TLI white, Extreme & Terps), but it is still good quality lax and quality coaching on the following teams. (Outlaws Black, Express Wolverines, Jesters Black, 91 Orange, fl$, TLI Red) Those 6 teams would have a great time playing each other.