Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just think that it is funny that all the Maryland parents have been real quiet since this thread was started. I guess that there is nothing that they can say.

Why get caught up in your nonsense...Not every boy is held back in Maryland. I am from Long Island and when I read these posts I am embarrassed to admit that. Stop the whining, the boys will end up where they should. Let them play, support them, encourage them and focus on grades. It all works out in the end. Only the parents are disappointed

Sounds like you might have held your own kid back, and it didn't work out like you hoped. The condescending tone in your post wreaks of guilt... Why would you be embarrassed by folks who want to follow the rules, create a level playing field and weed out people who are gaming the system? All us "whiners" play by the rules, honor the game and have taught our children about ethics, integrity, and self respect. Sadly, when you stand up for these values, people like you in our society can't offer a retort, so your only response is to castigate them as a whiner. Folks, those who have daughters, beware of this type of upbringing. A man with no moral values...

Ethics, Honor for the game???? The crazy amount of f-bombs dropped by LI parents, yelling at refs and even some parents running on the field...please dont preach ethics and honor! Just because little Johnny isn't winning is no reason to whine, complain and act like poor sportsman. My kid is in Md, age appropriate and can handle himself..no complaints