Just how do you propose this happens? Have 7 evaluators from South Jersey come to LI on a Sunday in December to a 3hour tryout? Then everyone would be complaining my son had a bad tryout, they did not know my son.... My son was there - was it perfect, no. Is it a good lesson for the players; darn yes, you are not always going to get a fair look, you are not always going to be on a line with capable players, if you are schooled in fundamentals, and know how to play lacrosse you will play hard and let the chips fall where they may...if you can only be a spot-up shooter, can't go left, don't want to pass you were exposed (whether they make the team or not)take it as a lesson...and no 40 more private lessons are not going to fix it - be an athlete, be a player... The one change I would recommend would be to seperate the age groups, there is no way for even a decent 6th grader to compete with 8th graders. In other areas of the country I am sure they have an issue with pure numbers so they have to include those age groups, not so on LI