Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
25 - Team 91
20 - LI Express
10 - fl$
5 - Team Long Island

of the 6 without club affiliate 1 played on extreme last year and chose not to tryout this year and another made terps 2 years ago and also chose not to play. In addition I did not see an Express, fl$ or TLI evaluator yet they managed to get 35 spots.

I think that playing on a club team does not make you a top player as much as a majority of the top players play club. How the final teams are picked is obviously yet to be seen but I find it hard to believe that a top 25 player did not make the top 75 call back so after all is said and done it looks like hey got it right

It all depends on the selection process for the "Pride Showcase". If it is 91 biased and we have the same evaluators, It will be an uphill battle to make the team. let's say the 25 break down to 6 attack, 10 middies with one fogo, 7 poles with one LSM, and 2 Goalies.
5 attack out of 19 are from xtreme that leaves 15 kids going for 1 spot
6 poles out of 25 are from xtreme. that leaves 19 kids going for 1spot
6 middies out of 25 are from xtreme. that leaves 19 kids going for 4 spots.
1extreme goalie leaves 1 spot open for 5 kids.
This is not counting the numerous other 91 tryouts and team affiliated kids.

These extreme kids are great lacrosse players and will get the nod over someone of equal talent or even over someone marginally better. some I suspect will even get the nod over a much better player.

with SL, TR, and RC pulling the strings, know what you are getting into before you send in the $150.

That would be unfortunate, but I guess there is always politics. Xtreme is obviously a very good team , but there is no way that their whole team is better than all the other kids that tried out? I actually think they may be the most top heavy team out there! No question their Top 2 middies, Top defender and goalie are the cream of the crop. After that the rest of the team is in the mix with the many talented kids on the other teams. How does 91 get 25 kids, express get 20 and TLI only get 5? fl$ has more? Did the TLI kids not try out?